Dear Parents and Guardians, All schools must practice being safe in case of an emergency. In the case of an emergency at school, we want to be ready.
The most important step that needs to be implemented in case of emergency is called a “Lock Down.” The school is literally locked-down with children and staff safely secured in their classrooms in the event that an intruder, a rabid
animal, a natural emergency (such as an earthquake), or other critical incident effects the school. Students will be secured in their classrooms until the situation is cleared, even if it is past dismissal time.
A Connect-Ed message will be delivered to you via telephone indicating that we are on lock-down. As soon as the situation is secured and the school is
deemed safe, students will be reunited with their families. Only parents, guardians, or another authorized adult will be able to check a student out from school.
The procedure for reunification will be as follows:
1. Parents/guardians or other authorized adult will come to the school’s cafeteria, not the student’s classroom.
Students will not be checked out from their classrooms.
2. Parents/guardians or authorized adults will be asked to form a line.
3. Parents/guardians or authorized adults will receive an emergency student release request form.
4. Parents/guardians or authorized adults must fill out the request form.
5. Staff will verify the person requesting to be reunified with a student. This individual must be on the child’s emergency
card in order to check the student out.
6. A photo ID will be requested and must be shown.
7. The adult must sign and fill out the date and time of release of each student on the Reunion Check-Out Log before
the student is called.
In the case that an emergency release is needed outside, students will be walked either to Primrose Park (off Hedge Road & Jackson Highway, Rosemont) or the Korean Cultural Center (3641 South Port Drive, telephone number 364-0533). The site will be chosen by the principal or the police depending on the situation. The numbered steps above will be followed at these designated sites as well. Please do not take your child without signing the Reunion Check-Out Log. We need to have proof of check out for each student.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation in ensuring that our students are safe.
Dr. Irene Eister,