Golden Empire is excited to be a Leader In Me (LIM) school. In the Spring of 2020, Golden Empire was certified as a LIM Lighthouse School. This certification is evidence that Golden Empire has produced outstanding results in school and student outcomes, by implementing the LIM process with fidelity and excellence. It is also because of the extraordinary impact Golden Empire may be having on staff, students, parents, and the greater community.
LIM emphasizes the 7 Habits from Stephen Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Here are the SEVEN habits along with a quick summary of each:
- BE PROACTIVE: You’re in Charge of You
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND: – Have a Plan
- PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST – Work First, Then Play
- THINK WIN-WIN – Everyone Can Win
- SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD – Listen Before You Talk
- SYNERGIZE – Together is Better
- SHARPEN THE SAW – Balance Feels Best
Want to learn more about LIM? Visit https://www.leaderinme.org/what-is-leader-in-me/ and/or speak with your student’s classroom teacher.
For information about the SCUSD COVID Vaccine Requirement please visit https://www.scusd.edu/vaccinations.
Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences and Minimum Days.
- Kindergarten Minimum Day Dismissal: 11:35am
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Grade Dismissal: 12:10pm
- 3rd/4th Combination, 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade Dismissal: 12:19pm
Lunch will be available immediately after dismissal. Please discuss with your student if s/he will eat lunch at school or at home.
Students eating lunch at school will go the Multi-Purpose Room from their classroom. Students eating lunch at home will be dismissed from the blacktop gate.
Families are invited to attend the Trimester Awards Assembly in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- 3rd & 4th Grades: 8:15am
- 5th & 6th Grades: 9:15am
- 1st & 2nd Grades: 10:15am