Enrollment and Kindergarten Registration Info
2022-2023 Enrollment – All Grades
If you are a neighborhood family looking to enroll for the current school year (2022-2023), please visit the SCUSD Enrollment Center’s website for enrollment information, required documentation, and enrollment office hours. You can determine your neighborhood school based on your address here: https://scusd.schoolmint.net/school-finder/home
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2023-2024 School Year
Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023 are eligible to attend kindergarten. Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year will begin on January 10, 2023. Check the SCUSD Kindergarten Enrollment Website for more information https://www.scusd.edu/kindergarten-registration. You can also contact the Golden Empire office at (916) 395-4580.
- You can enroll for Kindergarten at Golden Empire (9045 Canberra Drive) between 1/10/2023 and 1/24/2023 between the hours of 7:30am-3:30pm Monday-Friday. Please note, the school office will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on 1/16/2023.
- You can enroll for Kindergarten online beginning 1/10/2023.
- You can enroll for Kindergarten at the SCUSD Enrollment Center beginning 1/10/2023.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Applications for 2023-2024 School Year
We are happy to announce Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is coming to Golden Empire for the 2023-2024 school year! Children who will turn 5 years old between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024 are eligible to apply for TK.
TK is a stepping stone between preschool and kindergarten. The optional program provides students with an additional year of preparation, so they enter kindergarten with stronger academic, social, and emotional skills needed for future success in school.
Applications are available beginning 2/21/2023. For more information and application information please visit https://www.scusd.edu/transitional-kindergarten.
Open Enrollment and Permit Transfer Request
If you live outside the Golden Empire boundaries and would like your child to attend Golden Empire during the 2022-2023 school year, the Open Enrollment and Permit Transfer Request periods have passed. Information about Open Enrollment and Permit Transfer Requests for the 2023-2024 school year is listed below.
- The Open Enrollment period for the 2023-2024 school year is 2/1/2023-2/15/2023. For Open Enrollment information and application visit https://www.scusd.edu/open-enrollment-k-8.
- The Permit Transfer Request period for the 2023-2024 school is 4/1/2023-5/1/2023. For Permit Transfer Request information visit https://www.scusd.edu/post/2021-2022-permit-transfer-requests.
For more information about the SCUSD Enrollment Center please visit https://www.scusd.edu/enrollment-center-k-12.