Golden Empire is excited to be a Leader In Me (LIM) school. In the Spring of 2020, Golden Empire was certified as a LIM Lighthouse School. This certification is evidence that Golden Empire has produced outstanding results in school and student outcomes, by implementing the LIM process with fidelity and excellence. It is also because of the extraordinary impact Golden Empire may be having on staff, students, parents, and the greater community.
LIM emphasizes the 7 Habits from Stephen Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Here are the SEVEN habits along with a quick summary of each:
- BE PROACTIVE: You’re in Charge of You
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND: – Have a Plan
- PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST – Work First, Then Play
- THINK WIN-WIN – Everyone Can Win
- SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD – Listen Before You Talk
- SYNERGIZE – Together is Better
- SHARPEN THE SAW – Balance Feels Best
Want to learn more about LIM? Visit https://www.leaderinme.org/what-is-leader-in-me/ and/or speak with your student’s classroom teacher.
The Suggested School Supply List for the 2023-2024 school year is now available! The list includes suggested items used by each grade level. Please keep in mind that these items are used collectively by the whole class. Teachers may also provide a class-specific list at Ice Cream Social or on the 1st day of school.
Families are invited to attend the Trimester Awards Assembly in the Multi-Purpose Room.