Golden Empire is excited about receiving a five year grant which allows them to become a Leader In Me school. The grant, valued at $90,000, emphasizes the 7 Habits from Stephen Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Here are the SEVEN habits along with a quick summary of each:
- BE PROACTIVE: You’re in Charge
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND: - Have a Plan
- PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST - Work First, Then Play
- THINK WIN-WIN – Everyone Can Win
- SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD – Listen Before You Talk
- SYNERGIZE - Together is Better
- SHARPEN THE SAW – Balance Feels Best
Let’s look more closely at the first habit, Be Proactive.
Is your child using the 7 Habits at home? Simply print out the certificate, cut it in half, and fill in your child’s name along with a brief explanation of how they fulfilled a particular habit. Have your student bring the certificate to their teacher.
Certificates are also available in the front office.
A more thorough explanation of each habit is available on the Leader in Me parent resource page.